Monticello was established in 1827 and was founded to be the county seat of Jefferson County. During the depression of the 1930s, many of the residents of Monticello could not afford to build new homes and the houses were renovated or restored.
D. Williams, a wealthy cotton buyer who’s notes were payable in postage at the post office. Although the notes are not dated they are believed to be circulated sometime between 1837 to 1840.
- Collecting Florida National Bank Notes
- Mr. and Mrs. Youngerman attend the inagural “The Value of Money” exhibit
- Florida Currency Museum Open Showcasing The William Youngerman Collection
- State of Florida Civil War Currency
- Browse Videos of Florida’s Historical Towns and Banks
Notes & Currency
- 18__ Fernandina $3 Obsolete Note
- 1882 $50 Jacksonville Note Charter #3869
- 1902 $10 Punta Gorda Note Charter #10512
- 1882 $5 Palatka Note Charter #3223
- 1902 $5 Key West Note Charter #7942